BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 07, 2006

My wonderful Welsh family

I didn't post much before because I only felt able to blog when I had an idea for a post in mind. This was quite a rare occurrence. Why I do not know, when you consider this little gem of an anecdote...

I have family in Rhondda, South Wales. My grandma on my mum's side of the family married a Welshman, they had seven kids and lived happily ever after on the side of a big green mountain. Well, my granddad died in 1991 but my grandma is still living happily in the same house on the side of the same big green mountain. It's a bugger to get to, particularly if you're the travel-sick-y type like me. My mum swears that you can see my grandma standing outside her house on Google Earth. Anyway my mum and one of her brothers now live in my hometown of Leicester, and her only sister lives on the banks of Inverness. They saved themselves while they could. My other four uncles still live in Wales. Let's just say that particular area seems to be something of a bad influence on its inhabitants. I'll call it the Curse of the Valleys, or the Curse of the Big Green Mountain, if you'd prefer.

Take, for instance, my Uncle Robert and his wife. I was going to write a short paragraph of explanation here but

1. I have to go to bed as I have a job interview tomorrow morning

and

2. THIS explains itself :D (if my mum finds out I've done this she'll go crazy. Oh well.)

God knows what I'd have turned out like if my mum had stayed on that Big Green Mountain. Heehee.

3 comments:

Blair said...

Good luck with the whole interview thing, i thought my blog sometimes touched on weird but you've cranked it up another knotch (with your spice weasel)!

holla!

Christopher D. Bate said...

And, trust me, Blair is pretty damn strange

Kylie said...

Thank you Blair! I got the job, yay!!! It's all very sudden. I'm currently wearing reindeer antlers to celebrate. I've decided to wear them all day.