BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hamster hamster hamster hamster HAMSTER!

We have a hamster! I bought her yesterday from the pet shop down the road. It was Chris's birthday yesterday, you see, and I thought he might like one.

She is white with small amounts of grey in her fur and she has a nose that goes "sniffle sniffle". I love her and she is my friend. Her cage has lots of tubes protruding from it. Overnight, she seems to have decided that it would be a good idea to take every last piece of food and the majority of her bedding from the cage itself into part of one of the tubes, and she has wedged herself inside. She is weird but we still love her. Even if it did take me ages to set her food bowl and sawdust and bedding etc out in her cage before she arrived yesterday.

I will post a picture very soon - I was going to take and post one for this blog but she's snuggled up in her new tube-bed-diner at the moment, and you can't really see her pretty eyes or sniffle nose.

Giggle.

6 comments:

Maja said...

Aw cute! Hamsters are weird things. Where did they come from, for a start?

murray said...

Hamsters come from the planet Ham.

Pigs also come from there.

Nice present you got yourself -- er, Chris, I mean -- there, Kylie. :)

Kylie said...

Would hamsters and pigs get on? Or would the pigs eat the hamsters? Or maybe it's the other way around - that's a scary thought.

Sniffles has now moved her bedding to the wheel-ball-thing built into her cage. I think she should have her own moving-house show.

x said...

Happy birthday to Chris. And two girls in the house, lucky Chris.

Maja said...

I think it's about time for that picture!

Kylie said...

You are right. Thank you for the reminder. I will post some photos right away! :)